Valerie

Colleagues,

I would like us to consider a means of honoring Valerie Zelenty.
Perhaps the IEEE would be willing to administer a scholarship fund in
her name.

In acknowledgement of the support that Valerie has given to the LMSC
over the years, I suggest that the LMSC should make a grant to
establish such a scholarship.  There are several ways we could produce
the funds for such a grant, but it is not essential to discuss them
now.

If there is interest in pursuing this idea, I hereby volunteer to work
with the IEEE staff to refine it and come up with a concrete proposal.

Howard Frazier