RE: Letter to be filed at the FCC for comments on NPRM

Vic,

	I agree with Jim that we should remain open to a dialog with HomeRF.
However, I do not feel that such a dialog should cause a delay filing the letter
with the FCC.  If anything, a clear statement of the IEEE 802.11 position will
ensure a good dialog on this topic at the Santa Rosa meeting.

	I believe it is important for IEEE 802.11 to show some leadership on
this issue.  If we wait until after the Santa Rosa meeting, there will only be
about 2 weeks prior to closure of the period of public comment (Oct 4th).  This
will not be adequate time for companies to consider the IEEE's views when
arriving at a position in this matter.

	Finally,  we followed the required procedures in preparing and approving
this letter.  Therefore, delaying the letter will undermine the membership's
confidence in our own procedures.

Regards,
Jim