Operating Rules (Conditional Approval)

All, I have just initiated a recirculation ballot under the LMSC rules for
conditional approval and have included, as required by the operating rules,
the following statement:

This ballot is being conducted under the procedure for conditional approval
of the IEEE 802 Operating Rules
(http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/rules.pdf).

I suggest that you read this statement carefully.  It doesn't really say
what we intended it to.  In fact the ballot is being conducted under the
procedure for conditional approval of IEEE 802 Standards, and not under the
procedure for conditional approval of IEEE 802 operating rules.

Paul N, you may want to consider a timely and appropriate change to this
wording.

Best regards.

Robert D. Love
Program Manager, IBM ACS - US
Chair IEEE 802.5 Token Ring Working Group
IBM
500 Park Offices                   Phone: 919 543-2746
P. O. Box 12195 CNPA/656           Fax: 419 715-0359
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA    E-Mail: rdlove@us.ibm.com