Re: +++ SEC Rules Change Ballot

Bill-
I think I am going to vote DISAPPROVE on this because it puts the creation
of a new project down to the TIC2 level. I don't think that was the
intention. In 802.3 the creation of a project has always been a technical
vote.
Geoff

At 04:05 AM 11/12/99 -0600, Bill Lidinsky wrote:

>At the SEC meeting in Kauai on Thursday 11 November 1999 the SEC
>approved submitting this IEEE 802 Operating Rules change to ballot.
>
>The proposed Rules Change deals with changes to the process for voting
>procedures for a Working Group on procedural issues and technical
>issues at 802 Plenaries, interim Working Group meetings, and in
>between Plenary meetings.  The changes involve the following sections:
>
>5.1.4.1 Chair's Function
>5.1.4.2 Voting on Technical Issues
>
>In addition there are minor changes to two other sections so that they
>refer to the above two sections correctly.  These two other sections
>are:
>
>3.6.1 Initiation of Proposed Rules Changes
>5.1.3.4  Rights
>
>Attached is a pdf file showing the relevant clauses of the latest P802
>Operating Rules (November 1998) with the changes indicated.
>Strikethrough text is deleted.  Underlined text is added.  All other
>text is as it exists in the current rules document. This text was
>presented and discussed at a P802 Operating Rules meeting on Sunday
>night, 7 November 1999 in Kauai at the beginning of the 802 Plenary.
>It was further iterated upon during the week of the plenary.  This
>proposed rule change represents the output of this process.
>
>This ballot opens on 12 November 1999.  It will close 30 days before
>beginning of the March 802 plenary (Friday 4 February 2000).
>
>For your reference the current 802 rules URL is
>
>    "http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/devdocs.html"
>

>          Please vote early and often,
>
>          Bill Lidinsky, 802.1 Chair
>          lidinsky@hep.net
>          630-840-8067
>

>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\ProposedRuleChangeTry5forBallot.doc"

|=========================================|
| Geoffrey O. Thompson                    |
| Chair IEEE 802.3                        |
| Nortel Networks, Inc.  M/S SC5-02       |
| 4401 Great America Parkway              |
| P. O. Box 58185                         |
| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185  USA         |
| Phone: +1 408 495 1339                  |
| Fax:   +1 408 988 5525                  |
| E-Mail: gthompso@nortelnetworks.com     |
| Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at   |
 http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/index.html