From: Andrew Ickowicz [mailto:a.ickowicz@staff.ieee.org]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2000 12:21 PM
To: Jim Carlo
Cc: John Messenger; Bob Love; Susan Tatiner (IEEE Pub Mgr)
Subject: Re: Withdrawn Copyright Notice - Draft

Jim,

The answer to your question is yes; an individual is permitted to download and then print a single non-distribution copy of the document. If an entity/individual were to want to make multiple copies of the document and/or portions of the document, regardless of the purpose for making said multiple copies, the entity/individual would be required to obtain "appropriate license and release" from the IEEE Standards Department. Please let me know if this answers your question, as well as if I may be of further assistance with regard to this matter.

Thanks,
Andy
//////////////////////////

Andrew, I am by this message copying key people on the list. One question I
have, is whether the copyright agreement allows an individual to download
and then print a single copy of the document. Further distribution, making
multiple copies, would require additional permission from the IEEE.

Jim Carlo(jcarlo@ti.com) Cellular:1-214-693-1776 Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 Telecom and Info Exchange Between Systems
Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee

Andrew D. Ickowicz
Associate Project Editor
IEEE Standards Activities
a.ickowicz@ieee.org