From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org]On
Behalf Of Howard Frazier
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2000 12:31 PM
To: stds-802-sec@ieee.org; jcarlo@ti.com
Cc: dawns@facetoface-events.com; dmoro@netcom.ca
Subject: Re: Meet w/ the Stds Board in 2002

Jim,

In discussions with Buzz and Theresa, we developed the following
proposal for a meeting schedule:

A) No change to overall 802 Plenary week schedule (no friday closing
meeting)
B) ProCom, PatCom, AudCom, meet thurs.
C) RevCom, NesCom meet Friday. AdCom meets friday afternoon
D) Standards Forum Friday night
E) Standards Board meets Saturday

With this schedule, submissions to RevCom and NesCom become a thing
of beauty:

1) You pre-submit to RevCom or NesCom as normal, to get the items on
the agenda.
2) Working Groups approve the submission at their thursday meetings
3) The SEC approves thursday night.
4) RevCom or NesCom approves Friday.
5) StB approves Saturday.

In the meantime, WG chairs and editors get to meet with IEEE staff to
work out any bugs or minor issues.  Pretty awesome.

As to the hotel contracts, this might actually make things better, because
we would increase our room pickup on thursday and friday.  Since the
802 demand for meeting space usually peaks on Wednesday and tails off
on Thursday, the additional standards board committee meetings would
be filling up what is otherwise wasted space, and the NesCom/RevCom and
AdCom meetings on Friday would fill up vacate space that we usually
reserve for the closing plenary.

All in all, this seems to be a win-win.

I realize that you are on ProCom for 2000.  Do you plan to be on
ProCom, PatCom or AudCom in 2001 and 2002?  If so, would it be
hard to multiplex between these and the 802 activities on Thursday
morning.

Howard