Proposed PAR: Air Interface for Fixed Broadband Wireless AccessSystems including License-Exempt Frequencies

802.16 hereby notifies the 802 Executive Committee of a proposed PAR
for consideration at the 6-10 November LMSC Plenary Session. The
project is proposed as an Amendment (Supplement) to the 802.16.1
project. The topic is "Air Interface for Fixed Broadband Wireless
Access Systems including License-Exempt Frequencies."

The PAR was drafted by 802.16's Wireless High-Speed Unlicensed
Metropolitan Area Network ("WirelessHUMAN") Study Group
<http://ieee802.org/16/human>, which was approved by the 802 SEC on 9
March and renewed on 13 July.

The Study Group, under the chairmanship of Durga Satapathy
<mailto:durga.satapathy@mail.sprint.com>, met during 802.16 sessions
in May, July, and September. Submission of the PAR was approved by
802.16 on 15 September by a vote of 23 for, 1 against, 4 abstain.

The PAR can be found at <http://ieee802.org/16/human/par.html>.
The Five Criteria are posted at <http://ieee802.org/16/human/fivec.html>.

We look forward to your constructive comments, which we welcome any
time. I remind you that, in accordance with the 802 Rules, written
comments are due to 802.16 by 5 pm on Tuesday, 7 November. 802.16
will have until 5 pm on Wednesday, 8 November to submit a revised PAR
for consideration at the Thursday night Executive Committee meeting.

Regards,

Roger
--

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>