Re: [802SEC] Interim meeting announcements - and another quesiton

People,

.17's meeting started monday and will continue to
thrusday at noon as planned.

One question that I do have for people. This is the first
meeting of .17 where we had a meeting fee. As it happens we
are going to run a surplus of approximately $3K.

I would like some advice on how to deal with this cash.
My concern is that one time Bob Grow said to me that 802
does not encourage WGs to run a treasury. Clearly there will
be a period of time that this money is going to be floating
around.

Ideas that I have had are:

1) Buying more networking equipment and one of those
   server boxes that many of you use.

2) Funding a social at our next interim meeting

3) Reducing fees at our next interim meeting

4) The RPR Alliance is willing to explore and offer to
   hold the money for us in a separate account. However,
   they were of course concerned with the legal implications.

cheers,

mike

--
Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Manager of Engineering,       Cisco Systems