Re: IEEE International Code Designator and P802.15.3

Geoff -

As it happens, I believe I have the most recent paper on this subject - you
may recall that I raised the issue of a generalized scheme in the SEC some
while back.  Anyhow, I generated the attached document as a result. I
believe that using the 8802 arc is the "no brainer" route for
802.15.  However, one aspect of what they are asking for concerns me -
namely the potential that "...others will want to "register" additional
optional schemes that will require OIDs ". I would like to understand
better how 802.15 envisage this working - is this a small number of
additional arcs that would be vetted and approved for inclusion in the
standard, or is this essentially a means whereby proprietary extensions to
the standard will be defined? In other words, is this going to become a
registration activity that the RAC should be concerned about with a view to
the RA administering it?

Regards,
Tony

Object ID procedures.doc