Re: [802SEC] Issue of openness in 802.20 WG

All,
To clarify the discussions and actions in the 802.20 session this week
related to the PAR Extension, I am attaching the initial draft minutes of the
session that relate to the topic.
I am also looking for Ms. Lin, if she is still in the IEEE meetings this
week, and sending her an email to meet with her to hopefully explain the
misunderstanding.
The key point that, as Chair, I cannot ask the group for a revote of a
previously approved motion. No member made a Motion to Reconsider or a Motion to
Rescind the approval of the PAR extension including having the Chair complete the
form and forward it. The actual motion from January session is below.
The Chair did ask for editorial inputs on the text in section 5 or others
sections. Minor editorial changes were brought back to group to ensure the Chair
correctly make the editorial changes as the last agenda before adjournment. A
motion was made then to approve the editorial changes and they were approved.
Regards,
Jerry Upton

The Following Motion was approved the 802.20 Working Group at the January
Interim with Quorum in attendance (66 of 79 Voters)
The 802.20 Working Group approves the request for a two year extension of the
current PAR. The chair will forward the completed PAR Extension Form to the
802 Executive Committee for approval. If approved, the request will be sent to
NesCom for its approval. Two years is the customarily granted extension;
however a one year extension shall also be acceptable if that is deemed appropriate
by the 802 EC and NesCom.

Vote on the motion: 51 Yes, 8 No, 1 Abstain. Motion passes with 86.4%.

In a message dated 3/9/2006 12:33:44 AM Central Standard Time,