Re: [802SEC] FW: [802SEC] Proposed 802 Chair's Guideline Pertaining to Patents Etc.

I'm not sure I'm interpreting what you are saying in the attached
document correctly, but it doesn't seem to give any relief in the amount
of time that will be taken presenting the patent policy slides. If any
thing, it expands what is required depending on how "meeting" is
interpreted. When my task group meets for two days during a plenary, it
looks like it requires the full slide presentation at the beginning of
the first day, then if each day is considered a "meeting", the URL slide
needs to be shown at the beginning of each day. Or does the lunch break
make the afternoon a new meeting?

What happened to what we discussed about meetings with registration? It
would seem just as effective, possibly more effective, to require that
participants acknowledge that they have read the patent policy slide set
material in order to complete registration. When this has been done, it
should be enough at the meeting to show a condensed one page slide with
URLs and the chair's statement described for online or teleconference
meetings: "The chair shall also make a statement if any individual
believes that patent claim(s)/patent application claim(s) might be or
may become essential patent claims, that fact should be made known. The
fact that this statements were made, and any responses that were given,
specifically the patent claim(s)/patent application claim(s) and/or the
holder of the patent claim(s)/patent application claim(s) that were
identified (if any) and by whom, shall be duly recorded in the minutes."

The IETF has acknowledging their patent policy as part of the
registration process.