From: "Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@att.net>
To: oflore@QTI.QUALCOMM.COM
Cc: Joern.Krause@ETSI.ORG; "susanna.kooistra@3gpp.org" <susanna.kooistra@3gpp.org>; "John_DAmbrosia@dell.com" <John_DAmbrosia@dell.com>
Sent: 7/21/2014 9:33:23 AM
Subject: Areas of Mutual Interest

Dear Dino,

The IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee met in plenary session last week and approved the attached letter in response to the LS in RP-140999. Please circulate it as appropriate.

Thank you for the invitation to a 3GPP meeting. Many members of 802 indicated strong support for sharing our unlicensed coexistence experience and lessons learned.  Once 3GPP has more details on the plans for LTE operation in unlicensed spectrum, please send them along to 802 and we will use them to prepare material and designate a delegate to present it at the appropriate 3GPP meeting. Likewise, I invite you or a designee to present the your plans at one of 802's upcoming sessions.  The wireless groups meet in interim session 14-19 September in Athens Greece and the next 802 plenary session will be in 2-7 November in San Antonio TX.

I am pleased our organizations are communicating, it is an essential step towards collaboration in areas that are important to the communities we serve. Thank you for facilitating this process.

Regards,

--Paul