Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Approval of Liaison to 3GPP

Roger,

               Thanks.  I incorporated your change.  I had actually fixed the formatting of Recommendation 4 earlier but had accidently sent out the old PDF file.  Glad you caught that.  Here is the revised PDF file, with your addition of “We understand that”

Steve

From: Roger Marks [mailto:r.b.marks@ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:09 PM
To: Shellhammer, Steve
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Approval of Liaison to 3GPP

Steve,

I vote Approve, with the following editorial comments:

(1) I think that the second paragraph should be modified to "We understand that 3GPP TSG-RAN is studying fairness between Wi-Fi and LAA networks using simulations based on 3GPP TR 36.889 v0.1.0." The change is about adding "We understand that" to avoid the awkwardness of telling another group what it is doing.

(2) Recommendation 4 should be delineated with formatting matching the other three.

Regards,

Roger

Shellhammer, Steve wrote:

Dear EC Members,

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me.

At the January IEEE 802 meeting the attached liaison was approved by a vote of 25/0/0. Where all 802 members in the room were permitted to vote.  We did not explicitly hold a vote of 802.19 members, since that was suggested later, but based on attendance of that time-slot there were five 802.19 members present at the time of the vote, all of which voted in favor of the motion.

Since this is a liaison to an external body it requires a 2/3 approval rate, as per section 8.1.1 of the operations manual.

Regards,

Steve

Motion

======

Approve the attached liaison (document: “3GPP TSG RAN Jan 2015 Liaison”) from IEEE 802 to 3GPP

Move: Steve Shellhammer

Second: Apurva Mody

Start of ballot: Thursday January 22, 2015

Close of ballot: Sunday February 1, 11:59PM AOE

-----