Re: [802SEC] 15.4q Conditional Approval Package for the Tuesday Telecon

Hello Bob and all,

Here's my tuppence (=prile-1 of denarii)...

I voted for.

I don't see anything in our rules that requires the sponsor ballot pool to be valid at the time of conditional approval.   Of course,  there has to be a valid pool at the time of starting the sponsor ballot.   I've see a lot of argument over the validity of the pool,  which I believe to be a red herring in the context of conditional approval.   I just re-read our rules (OM clause 12),  and it's not there.

There was discussion that the EC is responsible for enforcing the appropriateness of the CSD.   I disagree.   The CSD is part of the ballot package,  and voters may base their response on fit to CSD.   That is our new process.   Our job as the EC is to determine that the procedures have been followed.   So in getting Bob to explain the unsatisfied comments the question in our minds should be,  does the comment resolution follow all appropriate procedures,  rather than does the comment resolution match the contents of the CSD.   That is not what I heard in discussion.

I would have made this points in the meeting,  but the clock was ticking down,  and I had motions I wanted to make subsequent to this discussion.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +1 (971) 330 6025 (mobile)