Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ EC motion for 15.4q conditional approval

Approve

Roger

On Jun 11, 2015, at 16:48, Bob Heile <bheile@ieee.org> wrote:

All-

I consulted with Paul after the EC Telecon last week and he suggested I do two things, one being to cancel and reform the sponsor ballot pool for 15.4q, which seemed to be the principal objection, and after that was underway, to conduct an EC email ballot re-seeking the conditional approval, which he authorized me to conduct when ready. Based on the call discussion, I had already decided the pool needed to be reformed. That is in process. The original ballot pool has been terminated and a new invitation started.  The invitation is scheduled to close on June 20 23:59 et. A notification email was sent to the old pool indicating that if they still had interest they would need to sign up again and to not ignore the invitation.  I am hoping that will help avoid any surprises.

Assuming the current in process recirculation within the WG is successful, the Task Group could pick up a full month in its schedule. While this does not seem to save that much time, it could over time and it is an important milestone.  I am expecting a lively sponsor ballot so the sooner we get started the better.  Your support would be much appreciated.

To wit:

802.15 moves that the EC grant conditional approval to submit 802.15.4q draft D5.0 to Sponsor Ballot.

moved by Bob Heile
seconded by Clint Chaplin

Start of ballot: 2015-06-11

Close of ballot: 2015-06-21, 23:59 UTC-12

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.

Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.

Regards

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D

Director of Standards, Wi-SUN Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Specialty Networks
Chair IEEE 2030.5 Working Group for Smart Energy Profile 2
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications

11 Robert Toner Blvd, Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org