From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of John H Notor
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:55 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] FCC robocall workshop

FYI,

This may be of interest to those, like me and my family, suffering from the robocall epidemic in the US, even though you (we) have enrolled in the do not call database.

Released:  08/11/2015.  SAVE THE DATE: FCC TO HOST ROBOCALL AND CALLER ID SPOOFING WORKSHOP. (DA No.  15-910)  FCC to host a workshop to continue its recent work helping consumers fight unwanted robocalls by examining the state of robocall-blocking solutions, industry steps to protect consumers from unwanted robocalls, and potential solutions to caller ID spoofing.  CGB . Contact:  Kristi Lemoine at (202) 418-2467, email: Kristi.Lemoine@fcc.gov https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-15-910A1.doc

There is evidence the FCC is taking this seriously:

FCC FINES TRAVEL CLUB MARKETING $2.96 MILLION FOR ILLEGAL ROBOCALLS; FLORIDA COMPANY MADE UNSOLICITED PRERECORDED ADVERTISING CALLS TO OVER 100 CONSUMERS.  News Release. News Media Contact: Will Wiquist at (202) 418-0509, email: Will.Wiquist@fcc.gov  EB  https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-334778A1.docx

John

John Notor
President/Chief Technologist
Notor Research