Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Approval of Liaison to 3GPP +++ Early Close

Disapprove. (It won’t matter to the approval, since I don’t believe that 8.1.1 specifies a supermajority requirement.)

I think the statement is asking for contributions of documentation to be considered as the basis of standardization (“using the IEEE 802 open standards development process”). To my knowledge, we don’t have a PAR for that. I think it’s a little misleading to ask for contributions, which we will make public, while giving the impression that those contributions will be going toward a standard, without providing notice that we are not authorized to develop such a standard.

Roger