Re: [802SEC] Subgroup review

The mission statement that we agreed to should be part of the IEEE 802.18 Regulatory TAG slides. One alternative would be to replace Duties of the subgroup with the mission statement (or do an additional slide but that would be repetitive).

Jon,

The 2) comes from the 802 LMSC P&P 5.6. It lists two types of complementary activities that subgroups do and the charter for a subgroup is supposed to state which applies to the subgroup.

1) The subgroup is responsible for the definitive content of one or more documents and for responding to views and objections thereon. Such subgroups shall maintain a membership roster and shall comply with the provisions for preparing standard(s).

2) The subgroup is responsible for assisting the Sponsor (e.g., drafting all or a portion of a document, drafting responses to comments, drafting public statements on standards, or other purely advisory functions).

Currently all of the groups state 2).

Not sure I understand your question. The format the groups use comes from the list in 5.6 of what should be covered in the annual review:
"The scope, duties, and membership of all subgroups shall be reviewed annually by the Sponsor. The charge to the subgroup shall clearly state which of the following complementary activities is appropriate"