Re: [802SEC] +++ ECM (Early Close) +++ 802.22b ISO/IEC/JTC1 Response

I vote disapproved because of the text "However, the provision of  additional ciphers may enhance 802.22’s ability to address special use
cases and will provide alternatives as the default cipher is compromised in the future."

"As the default cipher is compromised in the future" appears to assume that the default cipher will be compromised in the future. Of course in the long run that can happen to any cipher eventually, but we don't anticipate the default cipher having any particular weakness there. Geoff's suggested alternative text would be acceptable:
"However, the provision of  additional ciphers may enhance 802.22’s ability to address special use cases or specific national or future market needs."

I don't agree with Geoff's other comment. The text in the draft response is consistent with what we have responded in the past and it should remain as it responds to the comment characterizing 802.1X as defective.