[802SEC] 802 Task group 4L working documents

Dear 802.11 participant,

Before IEEE 802.11 began, there was IEEE 802.4L.   This was a task group of 802 that investigated early wireless LAN technologies,  worked on regulatory issues,  and wrote the PAR for 802.11.

Vic Hayes scanned these documents some years ago when we put the early scanned 802.11 documents online.  I hummed and harred about putting the 4L documents up,  and ended up doing nothing.  Then I forgot about it.  Then I discovered the scanned documents.  Thinking that I should do something now,  or it will never be done,  I have put these up on the 802.11 web site.   They provide an interesting insight into how people thought back then.

The documents are accessed on the 802.11 website in the document (before 2000) archives.
http://www.ieee802.org/11/Documents/DocumentArchives/

--
Best Regards,

Adrian Stephens