Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Motion+++ Approval of reply comments to the FCC NPRMon revisiting and re-configuration of the 5.9GHz band

Jay

I change my vote to no.

James Gilb

On 3/27/20 11:39 AM, Jay Holcomb wrote:
hello all,

like others, sorry for the many emails, just a very dynamic time.

so further update to below after a few calls and emails today.  the best
way to extend out the date of when we file and ensure we don’t file sooner
than we want is for the ballot to fail.   then with the extra time the FCC
has now approved is to start another motion, which could be at one of our
calls coming up.

to add a little on why we much prefer to file closer to the actual due date
is not to give others a heads up and they then add to their reply’s things
about us, that we cannot rebuttal in time officially.  this is a normal and
expected practice by many, especially the more significant entities.

now to Glenn’s observation.  in yesterday’s .18 weekly call the notable
consensus was to not disturb the reply comments that the EC has already
spent time with and have provided good feedback on, keep in place and we
know we would have good reply comments ready to file (if it passed).  at
that time, we thought there was a way to just shift the date  and thought
let the current ballot finish up.  then work on a supplemental with the
limited time we will have on it, and if it came together great, if it
didn’t, we would have the primary reply comments already ready to go.  in
other words, the lower risk path.   now learning the ballot needs to fail
to catch up with the FCC date change, will review that and what to do with
the filing(s), will have a few hours to work on that.

so lessons learned, after 8-9 years of always being sure a date is in the
motion for these, we should review that and use something that will allow
the regulator to change their date.  this is just the first time for us
that i can remember, we got caught.

so to file closer to the new due date, we will need the ballot to fail.    i
understand votes can be changed.

again sorry for re-do, just trying to keep up,

stay safe all,

jay holcomb

802.18