|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
thanks much for the edits Roger, they really help as always.
i have made a r14 from your document and i did update reference , the slides are out now, instead of just the video, so much easier to reference. to your points:
1) appreciate the feedback on these are better, I will pass along. the team worked really hard in the week that they had, to go over and over it, so good to hear that work out well.
2) i was very concerned about the notable updates and brought that out when i saw the first contribution for these updates. however the team felt strongly we needed to get these points to the FCC and actually many of the points were brought up at the end of the first round, but we had no time as the first deadline did not allow us to get them added.½A0
3) when I saw the FCC extension after we had the ballot going on the first round to meet the first deadline, I was not sure what to do since the EC had already spent time reviewing. with that I stressed we have to get all the EC edits into the updated reply comments from you, Jon and Steve and rev 0 of these updated reply comments do have them.½A0 as we worked through the next revs some may have got overridden i would have to dig in to see. but we tried to start with all the feedback we had.
again thanks for the input and <r14 with your inputs is out there>.
From: Roger Marks <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++ Approval of updated reply comments to the FCC NPRM on revisiting andre-configuration of the 5.9GHz band
To: < STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org>
- Hi Jay,
- I vote approve.
- Best regards,
- From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [ mailto:STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Jay Holcomb
- Sent: 10 April 2020 18:05
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++ Approval of updated reply comments to the FCC NPRM on revisiting andre-configuration of the 5.9GHz band
- Dear LMSC Members,
- With this email I would like to announce the start of an LMSC(EC) ballot on the updated reply comments to the FCC on response to their NPRM proposing re-configuration of the 5.9GHz band from ITS to unlicensed and ITS and allowing C-V2X instead of just DSRC (802.11p and .11bd). This update was done after an extension of the deadline from the FCC, that is currently 27 April 20, a Monday.
- Paul has delegated to me to conduct a LMSC(EC) Early Close 10-day electronic ballot on the motion below to approve the comments to the FCC. This EC motion is per IEEE 802 OM 7.2.1 Procedure, P&P 7.1 b) (majority response) and P&P 7.1.2 (2/3 approval of votes cast) for communication with government bodies and public statements.
- ? Motion: Approve reply comments in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/20/18-20-0057-13-0000-reply-comments-update-fcc19-138-nprm-revisiting-5-850-5-925-ghz-band.docx to FCC NPRM (ET Docket No. 19-138) on Use of the 5.850-5.925 GHz Band and for uploading to the FCC on or before the FCC due date at the time. With the Chair of 802.18 authorized to make editorial changes, as necessary.
- Approved in the RR-TAG: _12_ / _0_ / _0_
- Mover: Jay Holcomb
- Seconder: Dorothy Stanley
- Start of ballot: 10 April 2020
- Close of ballot: 20 April 2020
- Reference documents:
- The NPRM:
- Proceeding OET 19-138:
- IEEE 802 original comments:
- IEEE 802 first reply comments (EC editorial markup):
- Note: 18-20/0057r13 is what the RR-TAG voted on. it is the clean copy of <18-20/0057r12> a markup from the last detailed review in the 802.18 teleconference with the RR-TAG vote.
- Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter. Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.
- Jay Holcomb
- Liberty Lake (Spokane), WA
- Itron, Inc.
- IEEE 802.18 Chair
- To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1