From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG> On Behalf Of John D'Ambrosia
Sent: 18 August 2020 16:55
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++IEEE 802 LMSC Electronic Ballot: Nov Plenary Rules Suspension +++

All,
Our chair, Paul Nikolich has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me -

Background: Due to the change of the Nov 2020 Plenary Session due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, suspend the following rules/procedures in the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual from 28 September 2020 until 14 November 2020:

4.1.3: Meetings
"The IEEE 802 LMSC meets in-person during plenary sessions."

Moved: John D'Ambrosia
Second: James Gilb

Start of ballot: 2020-08-18
Close of Ballot: 2020-08-28

* This ballot will be conducted per OM Clause "4.1.2 Voting rules".
* The motion is being taken under subclause 1.1 Suspension of the rules in the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual (v23)
o "In case of an extraordinary external circumstance that prevents the ordinary conduct of business, suspension or modification of any IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual procedure for a specified period of time, is permitted subject to approval by a motion with 2/3 of IEEE 802 LMSC voting members voting approve. Any suspension or modification by this process expires no later than the 120 days after the approval of the motion."