Re: [802SEC] +++Early Close 10-day EC Motion +++ Change Date of IEEE 802 EC Closing Meeting at Mar 2021 Plenary
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++Early Close 10-day EC Motion +++ Change Date of IEEE 802 EC Closing Meeting at Mar 2021 Plenary
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 22:28:34 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=hpe.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=hpe.com; dkim=pass header.d=hpe.com; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=9d35pFRvdYIIA2OmQ8dixaZJUrpHu3MsIgx35b0cJgk=; b=fRtV+t08sWbxkxb+QMl/GKc8JTHUssY/kFE+1uyD5ZMawsMovXnUu2ZmuaTh2/zcEO1mo9Vk862k6ZSYyanVPJi0+OkAcpwHg3xKssQ0ngpuPFBfimpVdAU/qxF8Iz+L/C5T79Y1Yog798o/MeSY0K8eQ+M/tRgOkcMa8YL565ECUZSsRCtZ6svsvSaYSFyS6Q4RXNRP4XQCPn62OS78i8ibY7KE339JPCHLPWuvU1sEBGpZKwXlg4nvQg8faDvealL1kHHTXS0MNsktFHZf7zhcoRzWVR2uoMrrhOh94lAwM2vBXswqOsKOymSwfM4n21r/WptvFqHwApM1VEFKhQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=YycXPYCQpwcz0bMDi8rKquqZvqKb/S3HuYQHIJ5AKIu8sS/3sUaU9TameHktylWPmSlFv+KRJBg4qflmjowmQ7IUi3DsvGv8p1hV4IRjtaBtjwYLTsXo2PmrssY+CsPH7etA3p1FnQja0mIPWJDJfzfauqGk7GdElQQh7Rk+RSQxm7hRb/3wmhMkkhSOtZKk8zk/W0BxDxhQY3ZsUZkp+rYw+cM1PEaieg9gz0UOzroZHOx2GI3sVIW8zZweJ1YuveK+OuE4ubhpl1k7iYvG6XcxPfuwkjWbK6BtqGCPWrNH7VD8bw9ETImPWmOx8b40rggfA7O/G+ulmQ3f4wduKg==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Thread-index: Adbp0QrUPydePqzXQHu72uRjGjaUPAAKeTjQ
- Thread-topic: [802SEC] +++Early Close 10-day EC Motion +++ Change Date of IEEE 802 EC Closing Meeting at Mar 2021 Plenary
I vote approve.
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG> On Behalf Of John D'Ambrosia
Sent: 13 January 2021 17:29
Subject: [802SEC] +++Early Close 10-day EC Motion +++ Change Date of IEEE 802 EC Closing Meeting at Mar 2021 Plenary
Our chair, Paul Nikolich has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me and approved the corresponding early close.
At the IEEE 802 LMSC EC 05 January 2021 teleconference, a motion was passed with rules suspensions and replacement text, where appropriate, which would allow the IEEE 802 March 2021 Plenary to be held electronically at the specified dates and would allow the consideration of PARs and ICAIDs per the stated processes. (See Motion #2 https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/21/ec-21-0004-00-00EC-jan-5-2021-ec-teleconference-minutes.pdf)
At the time it was noted that the date specified in Item #2 for the closing IEEE 802 LMSC meeting, 19 March 2021, was after the 18 March submittal deadline for the April NesCom/RevCom meetings. There were some questions regarding the deadline, and David Law / Jodi Haasz were assigned an action item to confirm the submittal deadline. This deadline has been confirmed and this motion is to amend the date specified in Item #2 of Motion #2 for the IEEE 802 LMSC March 2021 Closing meeting from "19 March 2021" to "18 March 2021".
Move to replace following text approved by IEEE LMSC 802 @ 05 Jan 2021 Teleconference (See Item #2 of Motion #2 of https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/21/ec-21-0004-00-00EC-jan-5-2021-ec-teleconference-minutes.pdf)
"For the March 2021 plenary session, the opening IEEE 802 LMSC meeting shall be held on 05 Mar 2021 from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm UTC (3:00 pm -5:00 pm ET) and the closing IEEE 802 LMSC meeting shall be held on 19 March 2021 from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm UTC (2:00 pm to 6:00 pm ET)."
"For the March 2021 plenary session, the opening IEEE 802 LMSC meeting shall be held on 05 Mar 2021 from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm UTC (3:00 pm -5:00 pm ET) and the closing IEEE 802 LMSC meeting shall be held on 18 March 2021 from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm UTC (2:00 pm to 6:00 pm ET)."
Moved: John D'Ambrosia
Second: Jon Rosdahl
Start of ballot: 2021-01-13
Close of Ballot: Per early close rule
. Paul Nikolich has agreed to an early close.
. Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.
. The motion is being taken under subclause 1.1 Suspension of the rules in the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual (v23)
. "In case of an extraordinary external circumstance that prevents the ordinary conduct of business, suspension or modification of any IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual procedure for a specified period of time, is permitted subject to approval by a motion with 2/3 of IEEE 802 LMSC voting members voting approve. Any suspension or modification by this process expires no later than the 120 days after the approval of the motion."
Thanks for your prompt attention.
Recording Secretary, IEEE 802 LMSC
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.