Re: [802SEC] SA support for hybrid meetings -- status update request

G’day all

Apologies, I have no idea how the link below sneaked into my e-mail. It was supposed to say (without the link)

We should, of course, explore all options for alternatives to F2F meetings, particularly as I suspect they will not be practical for most of this year (at least).

However, I very much doubt that hybrid meetings are a viable solution. They introduce a power imbalance (between those at the meeting and those not) that cannot be overcome by any tools I know of.

I note that we are still struggling to make on-line meetings work well. Why do we think that it is possible to make hybrid meetings, which are so much more difficult, work well?

I suggest we focus on making on-line meetings the best we possibly can. We may even discover that F2F meetings are not as necessary as we currently believe.

Andrew