Re: [802SEC] SA support for hybrid meetings -- status update request

G’day John

You noted, “You seem to be arguing that no F2F meetings should be held until everyone can attend in person

Very close! 😊 I would slightly modify your summary to say no IEEE 802 F2F meetings should be held until is reasonably practical for a super majority of typical attendees from around the globe to attend F2F at the chosen location in a manner that is safe to both them and the wider community.  That is a pretty high bar!

The COVID situation is a golden opportunity to test the limits of what we can do remotely, finding new ways to make IEEE 802 standards development fair & effective … and yet accessible globally.

Andrew

PS I have less sympathy for companies that ban travel for budgetary reasons than those that ban travel for health reasons. I suspect there are companies in both camps, but health seems to be the main concern of many.