From: "Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@att.net>
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Sent: 6/7/2021 1:08:12 PM
Subject: [802SEC] 23 July 2021 closing 802 EC meeting -- hybrid meeting experiment

Dear EC Members,

I have secured permission from the IEEE Executive Director, Steven Welby, to use a meeting room (probably the Ada room) at the IEEE HQ in Piscataway NJ from which to potentially conduct the closing EC meeting in a hybrid in-person/remote format.  Mary Ellen Hanntz and SA's Central Services events staff to help organize the details with facilities and cafeteria (thank you Mary Ellen).

I expect us to learn from the experiment, pros/cons, value, etc., which we will use to help guide our decision making regarding bringing hybrid meetings to the general 802 population.

I will set up at IEEE HQ for our meeting (it's easy for me, I live/work about 1 hour north of IEEE), I invite those that are interested and willing to join me on site for this experiment. I expect a few people may join me in person, 802ers as well as IEEE staff.  I'll even try to arrange a post-meeting social gathering for those present to celebrate this small step back towards in person gatherings.  The IEEE may even want to advertise it in general to show how 802 is taking a lead in migrating standards meetings back to 802's usual in-person format.

Regards,

--Paul