[802SEC] Beyond Standards blog: How Two New Standards Can Help Ethernet Achieve Higher Speeds and Reach Longer Distances

Dear EC members,

Based on, at the time, pending approval of IEEE P802.3cp IEEE Draft Standard for Ethernet Amendment: Bidirectional 10 Gb/s, 25 Gb/s, and 50 Gb/s Optical Access PHYs and IEEE P802.3ct IEEE Draft Standard for Ethernet - Amendment: Physical Layers and Management Parameters for 100 Gb/s Operation over DWDM (dense wavelength division multiplexing) systems, I arranged for the development of a draft Beyond Standards blog titled 'How Two New Standards Can Help Ethernet Achieve Higher Speeds and Reach Longer Distances' by the IEEE-SA PR team. Both drafts were approved as IEEE Standards by the IEEE-SA Standards Board yesterday.

Since the development of this blog was based on my request, I intend to seek EC approval for the blog on the 9th July 2021 IEEE 802 Opening Plenary EC teleconference. I would like to request your review before the meeting, therefore please provide comments on the draft available at <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/21/ec-21-0137-00-00EC-beyond-standards-blog-ieee-802-3-june-2021.pdf> by Friday 25th June 2021 23h59 AOE.

Thanks and best regards,
  David