Re: [802SEC] Mixed Mode 802 Session Best Practices

Lapel mics for everyone.

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 5:23 PM, George Zimmerman
<george@CMEPHYCONSULTING.COM> wrote:

Steve – I completely agree – audio is key.  In fact, I was just on a call with Steve Carlson where we were talking about the logistics of this.  We will need to work on getting a good audio solution for both remote and in-room access, without driving the echo cancellers nuts.

-george

From: Steve Shellhammer <sshellha@qti.qualcomm.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 8, 2021 5:00 PM
To: George Zimmerman <george@cmephyconsulting.com>; STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Mixed Mode 802 Session Best Practices

All,

                On another note, I will say that Audio is very important.  I have been on calls (recently) when some people are in room where the microphone is not that close to the individuals in the room, while others are on the phone.  The Audio in the room was not picked up well, and the people in the room could hear each other well, but those on the phone could not hear them that well.

For large meetings we tend to have the person asking a question “go to the mic” which is good, and the presenter speaking into a mic.  But we do not always do that for smaller meetings.  We would need the person in the room speaking to always have good microphone access.

Also, sometimes in a small room, people talk to those near them, and tend to jump in and interact naturally.  We would need to have only one person talking at a time and into a good microphone, so that everyone could hear well.

Regards,

Steve