Re: [802SEC] 802 next gen coordination/brainstorm meeting -- seeking your support

Paul,

I am a strong believer in efforts having a clear SOW.

The subject line is 802 next gen coordination – however you state the following –

Outcome: Educate researchers on the 802 process, introduce them to the 802 community and enable them to make their research more relevant to the interests of the 802 community.  Ideally, some of these early-stage technologies will eventually be incorporated in to a relevant 802 standard project.

How is this co-ordination?  This looks like a University / Academia out reach effort.  I don’t see what is being proposed as any sort of co-ordination of next gen efforts at all.

I would request that either the scope of the effort is redone – or you rename this effort per your requested outcome.

In addition, I think I had previously noted that some next gen efforts already may be underway in respective WGs and not part of the WG next gen efforts

Regards

John