Re: [802SEC] Proposed OM changes for IEEE 802 LMSC closing plenary meeting

James.

Some editorial capitalization issues I see with the new text for interim EC meetings (IEEE 802 LMSC interim teleconference meetings).  I also have a couple items I consider substantive.

1.  5.3, page 10 — "IEEE 802 LMSC interim teleconference meeting" is the subclause title, but in later text and subclause titles the term typically has more capitals.  The capitalization in the 5.3 title is consistent with other existing terms (e.g., interim session), so capitals should be removed in other cases.  There are also a lot of “:” in the titles which may have resulted from cut and past from slides:

2.  5.3.1, page 10 — "Interim Schedule;” should be “Interim schedule” for consistency with the rest of the LMSC Ops Man.

3.  5.3.1, page 10 —  In all other subclauses, the full name "IEEE 802 LMSC Interim Teleconference” is used, this is not the same as the “interim” in 5.2, so the full name should be used here.

4.  5.3.1, page 10 —  There are two occurrences of the meeting title (all words capitalized) in the following text.  For style consistency with the rest of the rules, "IEEE 802 interim teleconference" should be used.

5.  5.3.2, page 10 — "IEEE 802 LMSC Interim Teleconference Notifications:” should be "IEEE 802 LMSC interim teleconference notifications”

6.  5.3.2, page 10 — There is one occurrence of the meeting title (all words capitalized) in the following text.  For style consistency with the rest of the rules, "IEEE 802 interim teleconference" should be used.

7.  5.3.3, page 10 — "IEEE 802 LMSC Interim Teleconference Duration:” should be "IEEE 802 LMSC interim teleconference duration”

8.  5.3.4, page 10 — "IEEE 802 LMSC Interim Teleconference Quorum requirement:” should be "IEEE 802 LMSC Interim teleconference quorum requirement”

9.  5.3.5, page 11 — "Urgent IEEE 802 LMSC Teleconference Meeting Exception:” should be "Urgent IEEE 802 LMSC teleconference meeting exception"

10  5.3.5, page 11 — I recommend this text be moved to be a second paragraph in 5.3.2.  As its’s own subclause, it become ambiguous if quorum requirements apply to a urgent teleconference.

11. 5.3.5, page 11 — As implied by my comment #10, I believe the intent is be that an urgent LMSC teleconference is still an interim.  The name for such a meeting improperly deletes the word interim.  If this text is not moved to 5.3.2, then "Urgent IEEE 802 LMSC Teleconference Meeting Exception:” should read "Urgent IEEE 802 LMSC interim teleconference meeting exception"

12.  5.3.5, page 11 — There is a problem in the first line of subclause text.  “an Urgent IEEE LMSC LMSC Teleconference by teleconference to address” should read “an urgent IEEE 802 LMSC interim teleconference to address"

—Bob