[802SEC] Confirming Marc Holness appointment as primary representative to the Registration Authority Committee
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: [802SEC] Confirming Marc Holness appointment as primary representative to the Registration Authority Committee
- From: Paul Nikolich <paul.nikolich@ATT.NET>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:17:44 +0000
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=s1024 header.b=2JGU9+3E; spf=neutral (google.com: 18.104.22.168 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of email@example.com) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:user-agent:reply-to:references:in-reply-to:message-id :date:cc:subject:to:from:dkim-signature; bh=79ulPB+PK0/kCLoxyXvd7X1mehp7xL+JZ3hNrmTzzx0=; b=ManobS/Tzar0NE5I8DKrsaB/ZjCrkLmXsuhTmIkxkDaYo/MJscSEOcQ5b9W/73Lqwv oEA1wWmxnho3+ePHPGc5Oi0neADHIigM6SFFCW1N+J/EVQwoU8uDWcqjpoR6p5MRxHVT sb/fZhlBsj2Cz27jrVhAFo0eujZVjc5Ua5w7/zwEimIu1GOdv10aG2uR4mKI8BoJBWDj uX0a0pR2jI+hAp6Bk4E/SpmspO/zvs0qu7U4sEc3LzPRK/VKM4p7Ibdn8rE9jH5ynGFr 9xzaeus3DYptfySQHPanVRx9dqhriDJSrR7YoUE7sv3mtdyGfANdp6bWfeWFvcdoK2z+ f7Ow==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1643120276; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=PXJP9FkNT74s6HOc7MLPFDaqAF/8AsVy2GTnfrXZ2F0SrREBUIRtpBQPEXViiDn/Zp ttyX/mh0pI/l5aYt6NNyLJq1LIaGGIR0lLCR+WXEcHoJ8AGrWlVKmg9n4c9zbkEtxHW/ l1R+2Q0hU/88vr6om+hQZgfdXaoaNW3lPQTI/P/4J8/mGRqsS3/XCGaCLdUlYKQnFVAB jwWHWr1bkv2QPEnmhMG5xTG9Gp6tOQxboZd05Da3KYsnj7Nu3v3DR0qVIZLllBkCWsMF UPseYFzo0Q5tMTtSW/ZPpQsCNxOJSUrwmZvBkXe1KpkB0WZzfsGwwlZj8r2LpFoySGpO rznQ==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Delivered-to: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
- In-reply-to: <CAELBx3S96aLCho_X9xT6NqDmxf99pz_7x-h2NAGCMx3VpFtMRg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <em3c3e8cd6-fa5f-40bf-900a-f7c36f1deb85.ref@laptop-5pjqb9o6> <em3c3e8cd6-fa5f-40bf-900a-f7c36f1deb85@laptop-5pjqb9o6> <CAELBx3SkHpW138UQ4+yC-04yX+gvxZo=f9pSrjnnsEVPZY7XVw@mail.gmail.com> <ema57531b8-4cbd-433d-8dc1-53d4345b6ef8@laptop-5pjqb9o6> <CAELBx3S96aLCho_X9xT6NqDmxf99pz_7x-h2NAGCMx3VpFtMRg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Paul Nikolich <email@example.com>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- User-agent: eM_Client/8.2.1659.0
I apologize for this tardy announcement, per the below passed motion as of 29DEC2021, Marc Holness appointment as primary representative to the Registration Authority Committee is confirmed. Thank you Marc for volunteering to fill this important position. Angela, please add Marc as the formal 802 LMSC primary RAC representative to the RAC roster.
+++partial copy of Roger Mark's EC 29DEC2021 email ballot notice announce the Motion Passed 7/0/0+++
Dear EC members,
Per the 'early close' provision in subclause 4.1.2, this motion would confirm the appointment of Marc Holness as the IEEE 802 primary representative on the Registration Authority Committee (RAC). This position is opening because Roger Marks, the current representative, will assume the role of RAC Chair as of Jan 1. Geoff Thompson’s term as secondary representative continues through the end of 2022. This ballot is conducted per the request of the LMSC Chair.
Marc has been editor of a number of 802.1 (and 802.17) standards and is currently editor of P802f. He has engaged significantly with the RAC, particularly on EtherType issues, since 2020.
The IEEE 802 LMSC confirms the LMSC Chair's appointment of Marc Holness as primary representative on the IEEE Standards Association Registration Authority Committee, for a 3 year term beginning 01 January 2022.
Move: Roger Marks
Second: Glenn Parsons
Start of ballot: 22 December 2021
Close of ballot: 1 January 2022 AOE
------ Original Message ------
Sent: 12/21/2021 4:02:39 PM
Subject: Re: Re: 802 reps on RAC and RAC roster and RAC membership policy
Thank you for the update, Paul. Welcome to the RAC, Marc.
I will reach out to Marc to get him set up as a RAC member and update the RAC web area at the beginning of 2022.
Since Roger will be assuming the RAC Chair role 01 January 2022, I want to give you a heads up that I will appoint Marc Holness to be the 802 LMSC primary RAC representative for a 3 year term, 2022/2023/2024. I had a conversation with Marc and Roger today, Marc accepted the provisional appointment and will be an excellent addition to the RAC (thank you Marc). I've copied Marc on this email, please consider it as an introduction as well. Marc, Angela Thomas manages the Registration Authority programs for the IEEE SA.
Please note, before the appointment becomes official, I will ask the 802 Executive Committee to confirm the appointment. That may take a week or more. In the event I cannot complete the 802 EC confirmation motion before 31 December 2021, I will make a temporary appointment of Marc to 802 LMSC primary RAC representative for up to 6 months. So in either case, Marc will be the 802 LMSC primary RAC representative as of 01 January 2022.
------ Original Message ------
Sent: 11/8/2021 10:44:52 AM
Subject: Re: 802 reps on RAC and RAC roster and RAC membership policy
The term of the RAC members that you have previously appointed will be completed at the end of next year. The list of RAC members and their terms are located at https://standards.ieeeorg/about/bog/rachtml
for your reference.
Since Roger has submitted his name as a candidate for the RAC Chair for a term that begins in January, you should consider his replacement if he is appointed as the RAC Chair since he is currently a primary RAC member and Geoff Thompson is the secondary.
Dear Bob and Angela,
As the end of the year approaches, I recall that I may need to appoint new 802 members to the RAC. To that end, please let me know the RAC roster and terms for each member. Also, please refresh my memory on the policies regarding RAC membership appointments/elections.
Thank you and regards,
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1