From: "Anne Marie Kelly" <amkelly@computer.org>
To: "sab@COMPUTER.ORG" <sab@computer.org>
Sent: 2/22/2022 7:54:50 PM
Subject: Call for Nominations - 2023 IEEE Computer Society Leadership Positions

*This message is sent on the behalf of 2022 IEEE CS Nominations Committee Chair Forrest J. Shull

What will be your lasting impact on the computing profession?

Computing is integral in every aspect of our society, and more now than ever, is facing a landscape of challenges and opportunities with potential for true societal-scale impact. The IEEE Computer Society’s annual election is an opportunity to augment your impact on the profession.

The Computer Society is a global organization whose activities support technical advances that are shaping all of our daily lives. A leadership position, as a Board of Governors member, as VP, or as president, provides a platform for engagement across that large body of work. Our elected leadership works to provide strategic direction, start impactful new activities, and ensure the Society is working in important and compelling areas.

Some recent examples of strategic work led by our senior elected volunteers include:

·       New student competitions, that provide teams with industry-representative challenges to tackle;

·       Technical forums that bring together industry, academic, and government experts to explore important contemporary societal-scale issues in computing;

·       New standards work that build consensus around emerging technical areas;  and

·       New funding opportunities that support diversity and inclusion as well as emerging technical work in computing.

The Computer Society interacts with hundreds of thousands of computing professionals every year, across 168 countries. We take our mission to serve the entire computing profession seriously. But we can’t do this without the commitment and perspective of our members and volunteers. Will you help us by adding your voice to the conversation?

For further details, including position descriptions and the nomination form, please visit the Call for Nominations. Completed nomination forms must be submitted to csnominations@computer.org no later than Monday, 28 March 2022, 9AM EST.

Dr. Forrest Shull

Lead for Defense Software Acquisition Policy Research

Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University

President Emeritus of the IEEE Computer Society - the world’s top member organization dedicated to computer science and technology

Email: fjshull@sei.cmu.edu

Phone: 703-247-1372 (office / telework)

Office: Mark Center Suite 11G14, Alexandria, VA