From: "Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@att.net>
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Sent: 2/9/2022 10:30:20 AM
Subject: [802SEC] 2022 IEEE 802 LMSC Leadership Workshop proposal

Dear EC Members,

We are overdue for an IEEE 802 LMSC Leadership Workshop.  The last one we held was in July 2018 in San Diego.  I suggest we hold a 1 day Leadership Workshop before the July 2022 plenary session (late May or early June?), possibly in 'mixed-mode' with the location TBD.

Potential important topics:
a) 802 Overview and Architecture revision
b) impact of emerging technologies, market trends and regulations on evolving 802 standards
c) mixed mode meetings: requirements, best practices, implementation, costs, P&P impact, etc.
d) long term meeting strategy -- remote only, mixed-mode, in-person only
e) tools: stability and evolution to improved platforms
f) assess relationships with regulators, external SDOs and alliances

Feel free to recommend additional topics and to share your thoughts regarding holding a workshop.

James Gilb and John D'Ambrosia led the July 2018 (see https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/18/ec-18-0071-03-00EC-2018-leadership-conference-agenda.xlsx)

If we decide to hold leadership workshop, I will be looking for two volunteers to organize and lead it.

Regards,

--Paul