[802SEC] calendar errors

Folks,

You may have received reports in the last few weeks about errors in the display of our calendar. The reports, which seem to be limited to Safari users, indicate that, instead of the embedded calendar, the users sees a reCAPCHA challenge. The challenge, once satisfied, just repeats (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reCAPCHA, you might say).

As discovered by Mark Hantel of 802.1, this problem can be solved in Safari by disabling the “Prevent cross-site tracking” option.

The IEEE 802 calendar page offers (below the calendar) a link to a non-embedded calendar view, which works even with “Prevent cross-site tracking” enabled. Note that it displays in the ET time-zone, whereas the embedded calendar automatically picks up the browser's time zone.

In general, it might help your users to add some informative instructions to your calendar displays. For example, here’s how I revised the notes on the Nendica page. Below the calendar, I added:

This calendar is shown in the local time zone ( local time: 10:35 ). If you see a reCAPCHA request instead of a calendar above, particularly if using Safari, open your browser Preferences/Privacy and uncheck “Prevent cross-site tracking.” Alternatively, use this calendar (which displays in ET).

Cheers,

Roger