From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org> on behalf of Roger Marks <r.b.marks@IEEE.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2023 1:42 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ EC pre-review : an 802 submission to China MIIT before proceeding to a motion +++

Edward,

I’m still uncomfortable with:

While IEEE 802 LMSC appreciates MIIT’s review of its UWB regulations, the proposed changes in this consultation is not consistent with the explosive growth in high value applications of the UWB devices [3] by reducing the amount of spectrum available to UWB.

I can’t propose an alternative because I don’t know what it is intended to mean, but I maintain my prior comment:

This sentence is difficult. This is partly because it’s hard to see which words are subject to negation by the “not”. Also, it seems that citing increasing popularity could weaken the argument in the following sentence; with this newfound popularity, will we begin to see reports of interference?

Also, in the latest version, a new grammar problem arose (proposed changes... isare not consistent).

Cheers,

Roger