[802SEC] +++ EC Consent Agenda 7 February 2023 - IEEE 802.3 items - request +++

Hi John,

I'd like to request the following two IEEE 802.3 items be placed on the Tuesday 7th February 2023 consent agenda.

Subclause 9.2 of the IEEE 802 Operations manual says that 'At the discretion of the IEEE 802 LMSC Chair, PARs for ordinary items (e.g., Maintenance PARs) and PAR changes essential to the orderly conduct of business (e.g., division of existing work items or name changes to harmonize with equivalent ISO JTC-1 work items) may be placed on the IEEE 802 LMSC agenda if delivered to IEEE 802 LMSC members 48 hours in advance.

I believe that we have allowed maintenance PARs to be approved at EC telecons in the past based on the above. As a result, Paul has agreed to place these items on the agenda, but Paul has also asked James to confirm there isn't a rules issue with doing this. I'm therefore placing these two items on the agenda but will pull them off the agenda if James identifies an issue.

Thanks, and best regards,
  David

-----

ME: IEEE P802.3.1 (IEEE 802.3.1b) Standard for Ethernet - Structure of Management Information version 2 (SMIv2) Data
Model Definitions revision PAR to NesCom

Motion:
Approve forwarding IEEE P802.3.1 (IEEE 802.3.1b) PAR documentation in <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/23/ec-23-0016-00-00EC-ieee-p802-3-2-ieee-802-3-2a-draft-par-response.pdf> to NesCom

Move: Law
Second: D'Ambrosia

Working Group vote:
Y:101 N:0 A:3

-----

ME: IEEE P802.3.2 (IEEE 802.3.2a) Standard for Ethernet - YANG Data Model Definitions revision PAR to NesCom

Motion:
Approve forwarding IEEE P802.3.2 (IEEE 802.3.2a) PAR documentation in <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/23/ec-23-0016-00-00EC-ieee-p802-3-2-ieee-802-3-2a-draft-par-response.pdf> to NesCom

Move: Law
Second: D'Ambrosia