[802SEC] IEEE SA Governance Training

Dear All:

Please find an email from Lisa Weisser (AudCom and NesCom Administrator) and Karen Evangelista (RevCom Administrator) regarding upcoming Governance training.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Jodi
_______________________________________

Hi Everyone,

We would like to reach out to more Chairs to familiarize them with the IEEE SA Governance committees of AudCom, NesCom, and RevCom within the standards development process. We are offering a series of webinars, and if you think this would be helpful for you, would you please fill out the poll to pick a date and time. We will send a calendar invite and Webex information to everyone who replies to the poll. Please feel free to share this information with others.

The sessions will all be the same, so you only need to pick one time slot, but if you would prefer to hold the time for more than one, we will send the Webex information for each of them.

While the training won't be specifically geared toward any one Standards Committee, we will cover typical pitfalls to avoid, and provide tips that are relevant for everyone who is working on standards development. Here are some of the topics that will be covered:

- An overview of where the Governance committees fit in the standards development process and how that fits into IEEE

- Roles of staff - describing what Governance Program Managers do and what OPM Program Managers do, and how this can help you

- A description of each committee's role and list of current members

- Submittal timeline and process

- Explanation of the review process and what the committee will look for

- Key elements (i.e. for NesCom, looking closer at the PAR)

- Conventions and guidelines

- Comment resolution

- Maintenance cycle

- Related webpages and resources, including our all of our contact information

Here is the link to the poll:

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/eV7N2zva

Thank you, and please let us know if you have questions,

Lisa Weisser (AudCom and NesCom)
Karen Evangelista (RevCom)

Jodi Haasz

Senior Manager,

Operational Program Management

Office: +1 732-562-6367

Mobile: +1 732-439-9144 | standards.ieee.org