[802SEC] +++ EC review : two draft 802 submissions to Taiwan MODA before proceeding to motions +++

Dear EC members,

I would like to request the review of the following two draft IEEE 802 submissions by Monday, 5 June 2023, A.O.E, before proceeding to motions tentatively next Tuesday (6 June 2023) in the EC meeting.

1) Draft submission 1:  Proposed Response to MODA’s consultation on the draft amendment of “Table of Radio Frequency Allocations of the Republic of China (Taiwan)”
2) Draft submission 2:
Proposed Response to MODA’s consultation on the draft amendment of “Radio Frequency Supply Plan”

Draft submission 1:
Taiwan Ministry of Digital Affairs (MODA) proposed to allow U-NII equipment to operate in the 5945 MHz to 6425 MHz band.  Our draft response commends the administration's effort and encourages the administration to consider a few proposals that we have shared with other administrations (including Australia ACMA and Singapore IMDA) in the past.  Please kindly note that UWB is permitted to operate in the 6336 MHz to 7920 MHz band, and therefore, our draft response focuses more on IEEE 802.11.

Link to the draft:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/23/18-23-0056-02-0000-proposed-response-to-moda-s-consultation-on-the-draft-amendment-of-table-of-radio-frequency-allocations-of-the-republic-of-china-taiwan.pdf

Reference:
https://join.gov.tw/policies/detail/90281604-5f51-4591-bbf6-4885842fb2b4

Draft submission 2:
Taiwan Ministry of Digital Affairs (MODA) proposed to allow experimental network trials, for example, mobile communications, technology research and development, product development and application services of unlicensed low-power wireless information transmission, in the 6425 MHz to 7125 MHz band.  Based on our responses submitted to other administrations (including Australia ACMA and Singapore IMDA), our proposed response is to ask the administration to reconsider the proposal by allowing U-NII equipment to operate in the  6425 MHz to 7125 MHz band.  Please note that many paragraphs of this second submission are the same or similar to the first one.  We were told that separate submissions are required for these two proceedings, even though they may expect parts of the contents of our submissions to be similar.

Link to the draft:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/23/18-23-0057-02-0000-proposed-response-to-moda-s-consultation-on-the-draft-amendment-of-radio-frequency-supply-plan.pdf

Reference:
https://join.gov.tw/policies/detail/bde426d7-55e2-4cd3-8873-4692fe04f607