[802SEC] IEEE 802 History Discussion: 12:30-1:00pm Wed 17JUL2024 in lBallroom East unch room

Dear 802 EC participants,

As discussed during the opening 802 EC meeting, I am chairing a discussion regarding the possibility of establishing an IEEE 802 LMSC History Ad Hoc during the lunch break today, Wed 17JUL2024.  Lisa and Jon have arranged to have a table reserved for the discussion in the Ballroom East Lunchroom.  Please join me if interested.  This is an in-person only meeting.

Regards,

--Paul

Tentative Agenda
1.Draft a scope and purpose for a potential 802 LMSC History Ad Hoc
a)Ad Hoc scope/purpose
1.Identify pertinent materials of historical interest, e.g., documents, audio recordings, video recordings, etc.
2.Develop a plan and budget for curation and presentation of materials
3.Solicit support of IEEE History Center
4.Review potential sources of funds, e.g., IEEE SA, IEEE Computer Society and IEEE New Initiatives.
2.Prepare a potential motion for the July closing 802 EC meeting
         3. Identify potential additional   IEEE 802 related milestones.