From: Lisa Ronmark <lisa@facetoface-events.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 19, 2024 at 6:56 AM
Subject: 802_1124_Instructions From IRCC_Entry Application for Approved Event
To: Jon Rosdahl <jrosdahl@ieee.org>, James PK Gilb <Gilb_IEEE@tuta.com>
Cc: Dawn Slykhouse <dawns@facetoface-events.com>, Stephanie Williams <stephanie@facetoface-events.com>

HI Jon and James,

This is an information update for the 2024 November IEEE 802 Plenary Session.

I have attached a copy of the official entry documentation instruction letter from IRCC for individuals attending an approved event in Canada.

This letter (and the IRCC event code) is available to all individuals who have paid the registration fee and elected to  receive a 'Visa Letter' as part of their registration for the event.

I wanted you both to be aware of the clause I have included in the body of the email.

This clause spells out how the event code provided by IRCC is to be used and how it helps to streamline the process by grouping applications using the code into a shared processing pool that is assigned to our event.

I wanted you both to be aware as I feel many of our attendees who were planning to attend the July session may not have followed these guidelines and instructions resulting in documentation delays and remote participation.

IRCC INSTRUCTIONS

How to Apply
  1. Apply for your visitor visa through yourIRCC secure account.You will be prompted to either sign in using your GCKey user ID and password, or through a Sign-in partner.
  2. If you don’t already have an account you can create one by clicking "Register“ under the "Don’t have an account?” section.
  3. Once you are signed in you will be prompted to answer a series of questions to determine your eligibility to apply for a visa.
  4. If you are eligible to apply for a visa, you will be prompted to the complete the visa application form (IMM 5257).
  5. Please take note of the following item when completing your visa application form:I
  6. IMPORTANT: Tag your visa application (Form IMM 5257) with the special event code.
  7. In the ‘Details of Visit to Canada’ section, select: ‘Other.’ For question ‘1a)Purpose of my visit,’ enter the special event code into the free text box in ‘1b)Other’.
Sincerely,

Lisa Ronmark
Director of Meeting Services
Face to Face Events Inc.