[802SEC] 2nd vice chair report - rules, action item intro

All, I have uploaded https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/24/ec-24-0178-00-00EC-second-vice-chair-report-july-2024-rules-and-action-items.pdf which comprises my 2nd vice chair report.  It gives a status update on rules activity and next actions (II, information only, no motions proposed at this time), as well as an introduction to closing my action item on the reserve level.

For clarity, setting a reserve level itself isn’t something we are bound by on rules or duties.  What we are bound by is ‘setting meeting fees’ – but having a target reserve is important information to consider in performing that duty.  The bulk of the closure of the action item is detail to be found in Jason Potterf’s presentation – which has nicely put together thoughts from the entire group, including Clint Chaplin and Jon Rosdahl.

George A. Zimmerman, Ph.D.

2nd Vice Chair, IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@cmephyconsulting.com

1-310-920-3860