[802SEC] Request Going Forward to all Chairs

All,

I am working on minutes right now and I have noticed a trend, especially by the newer chairs that I wish to get corrected immediately.

Please embed your motions in the presentation material that you present to the LMSC, not in emails that you send to the reflector.

Also when requesting agenda items I need to know the following

·       Is the Action Item Discussion Topic (DT), Information Item (II), Motion Internal (MI), Motion External (ME)

·       Agenda item (when submitting multiple agenda items it is helpful to group together similar items, i.e. To NesCom, To SA Ballot, To RevCom, To approve communication, etc.

·       Name of individual assigned to agenda item

·       Duration of agenda item (Note this is subject to change by Recording Secretary or Chair)

Note I do not embed any motions for non-consent agenda items in the agenda items themselves.  And I do not make a habit of populating pre-submitted motions into the minutes to display for the group to see when taking the motion.

This will be greatly appreciated, and will help the group as a whole move faster.  Otherwise, as Recording Secretary, I will stop the meeting, and will (taking my time) have to go and find motions to display.  This will slow things down [greatly], and you will find the Recording Secretary will not respond kindly to being requested to move faster.

Your attention to these mattes will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

John DAmbrosia

Recording Secretary, IEEE 802 LMSC