Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] Initial Ranging

Hi Ramkumar,

I think that the initial ranging allocations would be made by the BS
only once every few frames (DOCSIS CMTSes had it configurable through
a MIB object). After all, the initial ranging allocation remains
unused once all the SS' are operational.

It is also possible for a BS to dynamically adjust the interval of
initial ranging allocations. In such a situation, the BS would monitor
the ranging attempts and possible collisions in the initial ranging
allocations to modify the periodicity of the allocations.

Thanks
Kalash