stds-802-16: SYSREQ: Agenda Planning and Call for Presenters at Meeting #1

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

Hello all,

Regarding the upcoming 802.16 meeting #1 in Montreal July 6-8, the System
Requirements task group has over 1.5 days on the tentative agenda.  Given
the number of contributions we have to date, along with our goal of completing
a draft document, allocating this time will require careful planning.

This message is a solicitation for individuals to present their
contributions or other material to the System Requirements Task Group at the
Montreal meeting.  If you would like a time slot, please send email to me
(mailto:brian_petry@3com), including the title of your presentation and the
time you need (excluding discussion time).  Your content should address a
subject in our call for contributions
(http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/sysreq/call.html).

Hopefully, we can accommodate all who would like to present something.  But in
the event agenda slots run short, priority will be given to those who
submitted contributions and met the June 14 deadline.  The next priority will
be given to other written contributions received to date.

As you may know, our objective for this meeting is to solidify a System
Requirements document that we can use as a basis for developing the
interoperable, standard air interface: the MAC and PHY protocols.  The first
draft of System Requirements, which I have been editing based on everyone's
contributions, will be available prior to the meeting.

The tentative system requirements task group agenda looks something like this:

Tuesday Morning:
1. Work out the agenda of presenters.
2. Present the first draft of a System Requirements document. (Brian Petry)

Tuesday Afternoon:
3a. Presentations of contributions

Wednesday:
3b. Presentations of contributions (continued)
4. Discussion and debate for revising the System Requirements document.
5. Decide next steps.

Best Regards,

Brian Petry
System Requirements Co-Chair