stds-802-16: Election of 802.16 Chair, and Chair's Appointments

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

According to 802 rules:

"LMSC Working Group Chairs and Vice Chairs shall be elected by the Working Group and confirmed by the LMSC Executive Committee. Terms shall end at the end of the first Plenary session of the next even numbered year."

"Initial appointments, and temporary appointments to fill vacancies due to resignations or removals for cause, may be made by the Chair of the LMSC, and shall be valid until the end of the next Plenary session."

In other words, I am the 802.16 Chair through the end of next week's Plenary session, scheduled to end at noon on Friday with the conclusion of the 802 Closing Plenary.

Before we adjourn next Thursday, we need to elect a Chair to serve from noon on July 9 through noon on March 10, 2000.

I will schedule an election to be held during our Closing Plenary. Since I will be a candidate for election, I will turn the floor over to the 802.16 Secretary (Scott Marin, <mailto:smarin@boschtelecominc.com>) to conduct it. If you intend to run, please notify Mr. Marin no later than Tuesday; this information will aid in scheduling the Closing Plenary.

Also, I remind your that "the Working Group Chair has the authority to assign/unassign subtasks and task leaders or executors, e.g. secretary, subgroup chair, etc." I will leave it to the newly-elected Chair to make such appointments and will schedule a period on the agenda for this topic after the election. I encourage you all to volunteer yourself for a position. I encourage those interested in the 802.16 Chairmanship or in any appointed position to attend the 802.16 Leadership Meeting (Monday, July 5, 3-6 pm, in the Duluth Room). If you cannot attend, I would still be pleased to hear of your interest.

Appointment to be filled are:

   *802.16 Vice Chair
   *802.16 Secretary
   *Liaison, ETSI BRAN
   *Liaison, ITU-R Joint Rapporteurs Group 8A/9B
   *Liaison, NSMA
   *Liaison, ARIB

   Task Group Positions
   *Chair
   *Vice Chair
   *Secretary
   *Editor

   for the Task Groups
   *Coexistence Task Group
   *System Requirements Task Group
   *MAC Task Group
   *PHY Task Group

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828