stds-802-16: Informal 802.16 Rules Discussion

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

I have scheduled an "Informal 802.16 Rules Discussion" for Tuesday night, 8:00-9:30 pm in the Duluth Room. I decided to start late to give you time to attend the tutorial or have a relaxed dinner.

The Working Group Chair has the authority to "Establish Working Group rules beyond the Working Group rules set down by the Executive Committee. These rules must be written and all Working Group members must be aware of them."

I have been working on a set of rules based on those of some other 802 Working Groups. I'd like to adopt something, even if incomplete and tentative, at our Closing Plenary, but I'd like to talk it over first. You are welcome to attend if interested.

By the way, we have the Duluth and Bersimis Rooms on Tuesday night. Task Groups that want space for any kind of sub-group meetings are free to use them. If necessary, we can move the Rules Discussion to the Bersimis.

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828