stds-802-16: agenda for Session #3 (Boulder, Sept. 13-17)

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

I have worked long and hard to find a good agenda for Session #3. With all four Task Groups meeting there, it's not been easy to schedule. I appreciate the suggestions of various Task Groups officials.

I have come up with a workable agenda and posted it to the web <http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/meetings/mtg03>. Note:

-We open with a noon Plenary to coordinate what everyone will be doing for the week. The Task Groups begin at 1 pm. Many members will be able to do their traveling on Monday morning.

-Coexistence, as previously announced, runs Monday-Wednesday. The MAC Group will follow the same schedule. Overlap of interest between these groups is relatively small. The Groups can work as late as they like on Monday and Tuesday.

-I have scheduled a 5-6 pm 802.16 Plenary on Wednesday to allow the Coexistence and MAC groups to report their results and bring any motions before the Working Group. Those attending only the PHY and System Requirements Task Group meetings should be able to arrange to attend.

-We can take Wednesday night off; I'll arrange a restaurant outing for those who are interested.

-The PHY Group is scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday. I have also reserved their room on Tuesday in case they want to get an early start. I think that would be a good idea. If they start Tuesday, we should arrange a Plenary late that afternoon (perhaps 5-6 pm) so that the task groups stay in touch.

-The two System Requirements Ad Hoc Committees will meet on Thursday. The System Requirements Task Group will meet 8-10 am on Friday.

-The 802.16 Closing Plenary will take place 10-12 am on Friday and allow the System Requirements and PHY groups to report and bring forth motions.

It's a tight fit, but it works.

I'd like the PHY group to finalize its time slot as soon as possible. All of the groups should keep the reflector apprised of any need to adjust the schedule.

Cheers,

Roger

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828