stds-802-16: 802.16 Kickoff Memo and Consensus Statement

In the Subject Memo the Chair notes in the "Progress"  Section that
"There appears to be general consensus to limit the effort to licensed bands
only, leaving unlicensed bands alone"

Could Mr. Kiernan, Chair of SG, identify under what bases he claims "general
consensus" on the licensed bands of interest?  The Study Group has not met
yet and we already have established general consensus?
WoW!! Things are moving fast!
Doesn't such an statement (that I consider unwarranted) bias inputs to our
first SG meeting?

Dr. Demosthenes J. Kostas
Director, Industry Standards
Adaptive Broadband Corporation