stds-802-16: sub10. RE:Bands of Interest (II)

This is one of the subjects for the definition of scope of the PAR.  In addressing frequency bands under 10 GHz, we need to be cognizant of overlap in jurisdiction between 802.16 and 802.11.  802.11 has jurisdiction over unlicensed bands below 10 GHz, which lend themselves to wireless LAN applications, but can also be used in access applications for Internet.  To avoid overlap with 802.11, 802.16 should focus on Licensed bands under 10 GHz, which will primarily be used for access network rather than LAN applications.  Obviously, the interference and RF coexistence issues are radically different between licensed and unlicensed bands, and 802.11 is better equipped to deal with these issues in unlicensed bands.

Regards,

Allan Evans